Get Firefox and feel the vibz.This site is designed for Mozilla Browser.

  • Get Firefox!
  • Get Thunderbird!
  • Firefox downloads

Powered by Blogger

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.
Counter

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

[-] Mana for the Messenger banned!
Webvibz has changed my life! :-P
Seriously! I started looking more into ajax based websites and my final year project may be based on Ajax.
This review is on an excellent Ajax application. (AJAX: A platform. Asynchronous Javascript and XML)
I read about Meebo in the Techcrunch feed in the Net Vibes page. (More on Netvibes in my next post...)

So what is this Meebo (queer name!)?
To cut to the chase Meebo is a web instant messenger. It allows an user to use messenger from the comfort of a web page. No need for any downloads!

Is my favourite service supported?
Well, most of you would be happy. Yahoo is there (Indians happy!), MSN is there ( I think it is the de facto in Britain), GTalk+Jabber (the eL33t ones) and AOL+ICQ(Americans happy!). No Gadu Gadu and others which I don't know much (well, anything!) about.

Good...
Well it is very fast. Infact GTalk module is faster to load than the original. I tested all except AOL+ICQ as I have no account. Everything works quite fine and fast too. You can even be invisible and change your status. The obvious advantage is the elimination of download. It is a mana for those whose network is blocked to messenger traffic. Our College network :-)

Bad...
Well, the animated smileys don't work like ROTFL, Crying etc No voice chat or video chat. This stems from the lack of system driver access for Ajax.

and theUgly!
Nothing!
Pssst, Don't brag around and let your system administrator know. He can ban the site!
|